Need some ideas for decorating your childcare space? How about some fresh inspiration for revamping your tired or blank space. I love interior design so today I thought I would start a new series to incorporate my profession with my passion. Every month I will take an inspiring design created just for kids and see how we can replicate it. Ready? Me too!
Childcare Space Design
As childcare providers, we have so much to do. Sometimes childcare space design might not be at the top of our list. Never fear, there is plenty of inspiration for a creative space that will WOW parents as well as kids.
Here’s a design I LOVE. Playfully named WRITE ON THE WALLS by Spearmint Baby, this space is a fun, creative space meant to inspire hours of fun. Kids of any age would love to have this room as their canvas. Oh, and I love the frog & hippo. They just look so soft.
Shop The Look
You can shop this look too! Look I found 10 items that can help you pull off this same look:
- Walls – Chalkboard Wallpaper is a much faster and easier than painting your walls with chalkboard paint. An added benefit is this wallpaper can be a temporary fix and can easily be removed whenever a new look is desired.
- Windows – Roman Shades
- Floor – Black & White Striped Rug – The classic look of this rug really grounds the space and yet adds a nice neutral background for the color injections in the accessories.
- Ottomans – Orange Ottomans – Extra soft seating.
- Table – White Kids Table – This rectangular table gives the added space needed for all those art projects.
- Chairs – Green Kids Chairs – These chairs add a lively color to the neutral backdrop.
- Easel – Deluxe Art Easel (Natural) – A double-sided easel allows for two to work on their masterpieces at the same time.
- Toy Basket – Wicker Trunk – Every child’s space needs storage. A place to put all the stuff.
- Pillow – Multi-Colored Pillow.
- Stuffed Animals – This is a kid’s space after all. So, of course, we need toys. This Plush Frog and Orange Hippo are fun, soft and colorful.
So what do you think about this childcare space design? Do you have any favorite pieces? It would make my day if you would leave me a comment below and tell me about it.
Photo courtesy of 15 AMAZING PLAYROOMS TO DROOL OVER