Want to do more to make your child care stand out? How about some fun ideas to jazz up your space. Let’s look at some easy options for making your child care WOW to potential clients. So whether you have a large or small budget to invest, here are some creative and fun ways to give your childcare business that new car look and smell again.
One day I looked around and noticed that most of the toys and equipment I had were old, faded and even broken. Some items had remained since I opened over ten years ago. I tried to look at my space through the eyes of a potential parent client. Can you say “not impressed”?
I needed to step up my game!
Making investments in your business sends a signal to old and new clients that you are indeed a business.
So I decided I needed to make some upgrades, at least incrementally. Making investments in your business sends a signal to old and new clients that you are indeed a business and not just a babysitter with old broken down toys. It also renews your space, inspires and excites the children to have new adventures.
Most would agree, Christmas is all about the kids. But now that it has come and gone I thought it might be fun for us grown-ups to get in on the fun.
Consider setting a monthly or quarterly budget for purchasing new items.
5 Ideas for making your Child Care Wow!
With the new year looming I started thinking of ways to start the new year off on a high note. So if you are like me and are thinking about sprucing up your business in the new year, check out these fun additions that can make your child care WOW to new clients. The best news is almost all are under $100.
1. Wall Decals
When it comes to kids and their parents, visuals are everything!
- How fun would it be to follow the trail of a dinosaur? These fun Large Dinosaur Foot Print Floor Decal Clings will create that WOW that I was talking about. Or go with the “traditional” Paw Print – Floor or Wall Clings – 12 pack.
- Run these Animal Alphabet Baby Nursery Peel and Stick Wall Art Sticker Decals as a border around the room, inside your diaper changing station or anywhere you want to add fun to a plain wall.
- This fun depiction of a monkey in a swing is really a collection of oversized stickers. At 3′ tall and 5′ wide, this really makes a statement on an otherwise blank wall.
- Just look at these wall stickers. The animals seem to be coming out of hiding. These stickers combine to make a cute mural that will provide hours of fun and conversation.
2. Wall Murals
It used to be you would need to hire a muralist to create a full wall art piece. Not anymore! Much like decals, these wallpapers come ready to make an instant impact.
- This cute Safari Mural gives a great unexpected WOW to just about any space. At 132.3 Inch x 93.7 Inches, it covers a full wall.
- If you think it’s not too scary for your kiddos, this Dinosaur Mural wallpaper will excite all of those dino enthusiasts. At 82.7 x 55 Inch, it covers most walls.
- Want to start a curriculum for around the world? This World Map Peel & Stick Wall Decals combine to create a world map that will turn a plain wall into a yearlong learning feature.
- We have featured this type of Chalkboard Contact Paper Wallpaper in our Shop the Style before. With good reason! What child wouldn’t love to grab some chalk and create if they had a full wall to inspire their inner artist?
- This one is not a full wall installation but creates a Window Curious Animals Peeking out. How fun!
3. Dramatic Play Area
- I featured this Big Foldable Kitchen in our Christmas Gift Guide this year. I just love it! It gives a proper kitchen set up for the kiddos but folds up and goes away when you need the space back. There is also a Foldable Workbench Playset.
- Start a curriculum theme about the community with this My 1st Career Gear complete set of quality career-oriented role play INCLUDES: 6 total role-play tops featuring different careers. (1 of each career is included: Doctor Blue, Doctor Pink, Chef, Firefighter, Police, and Road Crew.) Complete the look with this Community Helper Dramatic Dress Ups Hat Collection – Set of 6.
- Superhero Dress Up Costumes Package including 6 sets of superhero capes and masks – Batman, Superman, Ironman, Spiderman, Captain America, and Flash. Hey, the girls can be superheroes too! Superhero Costume Girl Cape and Mask Sets Girl Superhero costumes set of 4 capes & 4 masks: Spidergirl, Batgirl, Supergirl and Wonder Woman.
Don’t forget the outside. That is where stuff takes the most abuse. Consider adding a few new things this year.
- This is the one I think I will be adding to my own space this year. I think this Kids Teepee Play Tent makes a big impression.
- This Rocker Seesaw allows two children to get in on the fun at the same time. Just look at the fun colors on this!
- Don’t have the budget for a larger gym? No worries, this Little Tikes Hide and Seek Climber is under $100 and will all lots of fun for the little ones.
- What child wouldn’t love a roller coaster? The Step 2 Up & Down Roller Coaster provides the exhilaration of the larger coasters, just scaled down to bite-size. Don’t forget the helmets.
- The older kids will love this Little Tikes 3′ Trampoline. This is sure to tire out the kids before nap time! ; )
5. More Fun Stuff
- How about a fun new Melissa & Doug Jumbo Roadway Activity Rug? This one comes with wooden street signs.
- Tables and chairs take a lot of abuse. Replace or upgrade with this sturdy Flash Furniture 24″ Square Adjustable Green Plastic Activity Table Set with 4 School Stack Chairs.
- A Kid’s Activity Table with 2 Stools Art Station is sure to inspire all those pint-sized artists. This one is great because it has room for two at a time.
- MY FAVORITE PICK: I love this Little Partners Tri-Side Art Easel – Chalkboard, Felt & Dry Erase Board w/ Paper Feeder – 3-Sided. Not only does it combine three different surfaces (a great space saver) but it also allows for more than one child to use it at a time. WINNING!
So what do you think? Will you be adding some child care WOW with a few new items this year? I would love to know what floats your boat. Leave me a comment below and let me know what you have your eyes on.
- What Child Care Upgrades Have You Made?
- If you had $2000 to Spend on your Child Care, How Would You Spend It?
- Budget Buying for Child Care